Thursday, January 16, 2014

Working out...

One of the things I have down as a my New Years resolution was for me to loose weight.  Well a few days ago I looked up the different gyms in my area and went and saw what they are all about.  The first one I went to I didn't really like it.  The music was blaring all over the place, and it just seemed to be more expensive to join.  The second one I went to I decided wasn't for me.  It was a personal trainer, so it would be like taking classes from just him, and after being in PE in high school and having the teacher yelling at everyone. I decided the idea of a trainer just wasn't right for me.  I wanted a place to go and work out the way I want to work out.  The last place I went to I really liked.  The fitness center which has all the machines and things is kinda small, but its nice.  They also have different classes like yoga, hip hop dance, zumba, and pilates.  So I may take a class or two later on.  But for now I am just going to use the cardio machines.  I only have to pay 15 dollars a month!  I think that is easy enough for me to pay.  

So I went there today and worked out for about an hour.  I did 18 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the bike, and then went and tried about 6 or 7 different machines.  I think I did pretty good.  I really had fun working out.  The lady that owns the gym was nice and told me about each machine and showed me how to work them.  I also ended up taking a shower there as well since I actually sweated.  I am going again on Saturday so I can get signed up for the month, and start working out.  I am also going to try and keep track of how much I have lost as well.  I really want to loose 100 pounds before 2015.  So that is a full year to work on it.  Plus I wanna get some new clothes!!!

When I talked to Mike about joining a gym he told me I have to go 3 times a week, or I will be in big trouble...Meaning I will probably be getting spanked.  So I will be going 3 times a week.  He did say that he would be upping how many times I have to go later on.  But for now I have to get used to the 3 days a week and get into having a routine.  :)

I will be sharing more about my weight loss and how working out is going on later on.   

No comments:

Post a Comment